Thursday, February 23, 2012

International Relations

There is a way of these diagrams hitting facebook about different majors and places. Someone shared the International Relations one with me and I'm still laughing about it.... a week later... and thought I would share:


As cliche as it is, it is so true. I sure wish I was a super spy, but sadly I am not. I definitely do not lounge in Paris sipping wine all day... although bad days make me want to escape there. Probably semi-true that we want to save the kids and make world peace.... but maybe not in the lovey-dovey way you think. Sadly, I am a realist to the bone and know that the world is a terrible place.... But we can...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

I would someday like to travel the world and put out fires like Hillary Clinton does. Maybe not in chartreuse pant suits.... but Secretary of State would be a pretty awesome job! But, for now, it is very true that I spend most of my time lugging books around, going blind trying to read them by lamplight as I drink my weight in coffee and attempt not to rip all of my hair out. Ah the life of a Master's student trying to finish up their last semester....

Well... break is over... back to reading 400+ page books on Afghanistan and attempting to craft policy recommendations to make the country more secure by pull-out in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment