Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Day Scarlett!!!

I can't believe it, but today the best dog in the whole world turned 2 years old!!! Since that makes her 14 in human years, I think Scarlett has finally become a big girl dog. She's stopped eating drywall and shredding carpet and now she spends most of her days sleeping on the couch corner or my pillow. I have to admit, sometimes I miss her being so small though




Today we, or rather I, decided to really celebrate her birthday- we won't be able to separate either of ours until later in the fall. It was hard to decide how to celebrate a dog's birthday, but she's been needing to get groomed, so she got a spa day - had a bath, her fur trimmed, and even got her teeth brushed! Here are the before and after grooming shots

BEFORE:


AFTER:

It's hard to see the difference, but she looks WAY better. Nice and short fur for the warmer weather : )
After her grooming, both me and Caleb went to pick her up (a real treat!) and she got to ride in my lap without having to be in the crate! On our way home we even stopped at Petsmart for a few birthday presents!


As social as Scarlett is, the pet store was a bit overwhelming , which was pretty surprising. We didn't stay for long, but we did get a few bones and some new toys. Unfortunately one of Scarlett's new pastimes is euthanizing old toys...Her new favorite is the goose Caleb picked out just for her


Once we got home, both Caleb and Scarlett were pretty tired so they took a nap while I cooked dinner.

Speaking of dinner, I'm not sure what to think about this, but I came home last week and Caleb had taped an episode of Rachel Ray and told me it was a recipe I should try sometime. Not sure if that was an insult to my cooking or a compliment that I could potentially make a recipe of Rachel Ray? I'm trying not to think about it. I tried it tonight, it's a fish recipe with a sundried tomato butter sauce, with smashed potatoes and asparagus. It actually turned out pretty well!

Unfortunately Scarlett wasn't able to enjoy her birthday dinner, but Caleb and I sure did : ) I hope Scarlett had a great 2nd birthday. I really do think she is the best dog in the whole wide world!!!! I love you Scarlett!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Scarlett! I do not know if you are the best dog in the whole world but there is no other dog just like you in the whole world! Thanks for doing the job of every great pet in the world--loving Steph and Caleb and keeping them company in the wild big government city of Washington DC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday Scarlett! And I need that fish recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete