Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Big D!!!

I know I know, I didn't blog while we were at home. It was just a whirlwind. We had so much fun and did so many things that I just didn't have the energy at night to blog. So...... for tonight's reading pleasure, I give you a quick overview of our trip to Dallas.

I could probably summarize the entire Dallas trip by saying: We came, we saw, we ate mexican food....I cannot tell you how much mexican food we ate. It was FANTASTIC. We ate Mexican AT LEAST once a day and I think I ate at Fuzzy's Tacos 4 times in a week. I have been in major queso withdrawl since we got back.

On Friday, we got to do something incredibly fun. My dad got us tickets to go watch the Mavs v. Lakers from his company's box. Caleb had never been to a Mavs game in Dallas so we were super excited. When we got there, the entire arena was completely electric. EVERYONE received a blue t-shirt in an attempted blue out. Not only were the seats on everyone's seats, but there was a camera that went around essentially harassing fans until they put on their shirt. It didn't matter if it was business men in their suits, ladies dressed up in their fanciest outfits, or even kids. The camera zoomed in on them and the announcers harassed them and even got the fans to chant "put it on" until they did. It's crazy to watch the power of peer pressure : )

We proudly won our XL shirts and had a fantastic time!
Just when we thought the night couldn't get much better, one of the guys in the box paid for all of us to pick out something off of the dessert cart. I walked back to the cart expecting to get a chocolate chip cookie or something. But this was no ordinary dessert cart. Caleb and I shared a piece of chocolate cake and the most amazing brownie I've ever seen in my entire life:
YUM! And to top if all off, the Mavs came back and won at the very end of the game. It was AWESOME! On Saturday, Caleb and I had tickets to go watch the Rangers play the Yankees. Butttttt, it was also the same night as my sister's prom and this was our only chance for Caleb to see his friend John who lives in Arlington, so I gave up my ticket for John to go to the game. Instead, my sister and I went and got manicures and pedicures and then I got to help her get ready for the prom. As much as I love the Rangers, I would have much rather spent the afternoon with my sister. She looked GORGEOUS!!!!!!

After she headed off to prom, I got to spend the evening with my parents, eating whataburger and watching the rangers beat the yankees. It was perfect. I love being home so much.

On Sunday, Caleb and I went to church with my parents and then headed off to Caleb's grandfather's 90th birthday party. This was a particularly special party because Caleb's parents, younger brother and his wife, sister her husband and three little girls were all there. Also, his aunts and uncles and all of their kids. It was definitely a par-tay! It was so nice to see everybody.





After the birthday party, we headed back home to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. It is our tradition to take her to her favorite Mexican Restaurant, Pappasitos. We had to wait over an hour, but it was well worth the wait!




Monday and Tuesday we pretty much just hung out. Monday we had to get our car inspected in Dallas (the entire reason we even went to Dallas). We continued our at least one a day habit of sonic drinks AND, we even got to see my brother when he came home from school! We weren't expecting to see him, so that was an extra special treat. While we hung out we also got to spend some quality time with my mom's new puppy. She is a poodle and shitzu mix named Cheeto.
As cute as that little face is, she and Scarlett did not exactly get along. Cheeto is currently teething which means she nips a little bit which neither me nor Scarlett particularly appreciated, but she sure is cute! Tuesday was our last day in Dallas. We had lunch with my mom and brother and then went shopping with my mom and treated ourselves by going to the pet store. I played with a little pomeranian that was MEAN! I was so disappointed. At one point it was hanging from my flipflop by its teeth and would not let go. Then Caleb decided to play with a Frengle. Have you ever heard of a Frengle before? I sure havent - its a french bulldog/beagle mix - and it is ADORABLE! It was so mellow and seriously looked like eeyore.

Tuesday night we were actually all at home, so we sat down at the table and all had dinner together, which NEVER happens. We joked that we should have taken a picture. It was a perfect end to our time in Dallas. Something else we did while we were home that made it difficult for me to blog, is that we watched old home videos each night. We watched family Christmases, Easter egg hunts, birthday parties, and family vacations. They were HILARIOUS - between everyone's accents, 80s glasses, hairstyles and outfits, I added years to my life by laughing that much. I wish there was a way that I could show you some of the things we watched, but the best I have is a picture from when I was a kid (don't judge - my story is that my mom picked out that outfit haha)
Thanks Gran for putting all of those on DVD. I also loved that it gave Caleb a glimpse into my childhood.

Overall, we had a fantastic trip to Dallas. I was sad to leave because we don't know exactly when we will be back. BUT, it was also exciting to head to Little Rock to spend some time with Caleb's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment