Sunday, May 22, 2011

Little Rock, Fayetteville and BBQ

When we left Dallas, we headed up to Little Rock to spend a few days with my in-laws. It's funny, Caleb and I joked about the difference between visiting our homes. When we are in Dallas, I feel like I really need to be active and seeing people and getting stuff done. I don't want to disappoint people when we are there. Caleb just hangs out and relaxes. When we go to Little Rock, it is the exact opposite. Caleb runs around and visits with everybody, and I play with kids and just relax.

On Thursday, I spent half of the day down in Hot Springs visiting my grandparents. Actually, I got to visit my great grandma Thelma and great grandpa Ed, and then I got to celebrate my great grandma Gerry's 95th birthday with her and my grandparents at Chili's. Initially I was supposed to go back to LR after lunch, but I ended up staying for the afternoon and spending some more time with my grandma! It was really special to have that time with all of them.


That night was really fun. We all had dinner at Caleb's parents' house. EVERYONE was there except for Micah and Kelsey (who were preparing to graduate that weekend). It was so nice to see everyone and get to play with all the kids. We only had a few days to see Josh, Mandy, Noah and Sam because they got to go to the beach that weekend (lucky ducks!) Unfortunately, since I was so relaxed, I forgot to take pictures... sorry : (

On Saturday, Caleb's parents, Brian, Rachel, Ellie, Mollie, Caleb and I all loaded up and headed to Fayetteville for Micah and Kelsey's graduations. It was a long day, but super fun! When we got up there, we were SHOCKED at how cold and windy it was. I had chosen to wear a sleeveless summer dress which turned out to be a terrible choice. Luckily, Mollie Ruth decided to be my buddy for the day and insisted that I carry her EVERYWHERE which not only kept me warm but was also a great exercise! Again... forgot to take pictures and remembered just in time to get 1 attempted picture at Micah walking in, but luckily my sister in law Rachel remembered to take pics so I'm stealing some of hers (thanks Rach!)




It was a long day, so Rachel, Brian and the girls headed straight home after the graduations. Caleb and I stuck around for dinner at the Catfish Hole and cake over at Micah and Kelsey's apartment before we headed back to Little Rock. It was a very long but great day!

We hung around Sunday and Monday really not wanting to go back to DC. But, first thing Tuesday morning it was time to come back to reality. Usually I'm a bad car rider- for some reason cars put me straight to sleep BUT I chugged 2 bottles of Mt. Dew so I stayed awake the whole way and even drove some! We may have had to stop a few more times.... but it was nice to give Caleb a break from driving. Unfortunately, after we grabbed dinner about 3 1/2 hours outside of DC we had to drive through some AWFUL weather - we knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad until we got home and our tv shows had tornado warnings for the area we were driving through. awesome. oh well, we made it!

We have been pretty busy since we got back Tuesday night. We've grocery shopped, unpacked, done the laundry, cleaned the apartment, taken Scarlett to the vet, I had an afternoon of training at my internship, Caleb actually started his internship, I've done a little work, we've visited apartments, signed a lease for a new apartment in the fall, and attended our Sunday school BBQ. Phew! Talk about a crazy week! We really did enjoy our Sunday School BBQ last night. There are some great couples and this was a chance to get to know them better. We spent most of the night playing lawn golf - I'd never played before but it was fun! Caleb actually won a game, I was not so lucky...





We have another fun week coming up! This will be Caleb's first full week at his internship and I'm leaving the country on a one-week study abroad to Georgia (the country, not the state haha). But more on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment