Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Royal Wedding!!!

I am dedicating this blog post to my mama - my great grandmother on my dad's side. When I was a little girl, I was staying with her when Princess Diana died. I was pretty young, but I remember watching the news for HOURS with her about the tragedy. Even though I didn't totally understand what was going on, I remember how fascinated my mama was. In fact, she was so fascinated that she got up in the middle of the night to watch her funeral. My papa told her she was crazy and wouldn't be getting up for that, which meant I got to sleep in the bed with her AND she woke me up to watch the funeral with her. I can still remember that morning and it is one of my favorite memories with my mama.

So, when Prince William proposed and they started planning their wedding, I was enthralled. I read every crazy news story and conspiracy. My mama started my love of the royal family and I have really been looking forward to the wedding - I even got Caleb excited about it.

I have actually been in Dallas this weekend (surprise!) to watch my sister Grace perform in our high school's performance of Les Miserables. That also meant I was in Dallas for the wedding. What I didn't realize was that the Mavs were going to play until 1:30 in the morning to clinch the 2nd round of the playoff. 3 and a half hours of sleep was definitely not enough, but my alarm went off at 4:55 and I was up! In fact, I even talked my mom and my sister to get up and watch it too. For three hours we say and watched the wedding while we sipped on tea and ate cinnamon rolls. It was quite lovely!



The whole time I was thinking about my mama and smiling. I think she would have loved the wedding. I'm just glad I got to share it with other people that I love.I will never forget the morning I got to share with my mama watching Princess Diana's funeral and now I will never forget the morning I got to watch a royal wedding with my mom and Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment