Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Four Christmases

This year Caleb and I got to celebrate Christmas 4 times.... an no, it was not like the movie.... we actually love all of our families.

We woke up Christmas morning and celebrated Christmas with Caleb's family. I really love Christmas morning there because all of his neices and nephews are still young enough to believe in Santa. To see their faces when they see all of the loot that Santa left them is priceless. After we had Christmas lunch at his parents' house, we drove to my grandparents' house in Hot Springs to see them, my parents, and my aunt memory and her family. We were still STUFFED from Christmas lunch, so we just nibbled on Christmas dinner. But since they had Dish Network, we did get to see a few minutes of the cowboys game, which was great! I forgot to take my camera to my grandparents' house, but here are a few pics from Christmas morning.

 Mollie and her doll from Santa

 Ellie with a doll and her new kitchen!

Annie decided to climb into her new kitchen : )

 Annie in her cozy coup that "Santa" (aka Brian) was up very late building

 Scarlett loved sitting with Papa... but I'm not so sure how much Papa liked it...

NOAH!!!!

 Caleb showing off his new boots to Mom.... we told him this was a very attractive look, boots and shorts, and that he should wear this exact outfit in public : )

 Noah catching snowflakes on his tongue

 Everybody enjoying the snow!

 Sam and his very special giraffe that he got for Christmas

Everybody blowing out the candles on Jesus' birthday cake!

The day after Christmas Caleb, Scarlett, and I loaded up and drove to Dallas to spend a few days with my family before going back to DC. When we woke up on Monday, we pretended that it was Christmas all over again! We had stockings, Christmas breakfast, and presents. It was great! We had a bit of drama in the middle of the day (see my next blog post) and then we went out to my grandparents' house who live in Dallas to celebrate Christmas with them! I didn't get alot of pictures, but here are a few
 Caleb in his new jacket!


 Wade and Grace

 Gran and Grandy

 Aunt Tammi and Zoey

Family Picture 2010

Caleb and I had a great 4 Christmases and got all sorts of great stuff! We both got several good (non-school) books to read for pleasure, several pairs of good, comfortable shoes for walking in the cold weather, warm weather clothes, dvds, and I got a bunch of good Russian stuff to help me improve my language skills. More than our gifts, we have so enjoyed being home and spending time with our families. I don't think we realized how much we missed them until we came home. It has made Christmas extra special for us this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment