Friday, December 31, 2010

A Look Back at 2010

I can't believe that it is New Year's Eve. As everyone else is already looking forward to 2011, I am going to take a look back at 2010. SOOOOOO much has happened this year! Of course, we can't forget that we got married!!!

And that we went on our honeymoon!

I attempted substitute teaching and very quickly realized how not ready I was to have kids of my own AND that God most certainly has not called me to be a teacher. We BOTH ended up working at a hotel.

I will not miss answering phones with "It's a new stay at the College Station Courtyard by Marriott. This is Stephanie speaking, how may I help you." Caleb will not miss receiving phone calls that started with "Something is wrong with my toilet..."

Caleb graduated from the Bush School with his M.A.

We survived yet another blazing College Station summer that felt like we were living on the surface of the sun...

We packed up all of our belongings...

And moved halfway across the country...

 
We gained another precious nephew

We learned how to commute using public transportation

We made a pilgrimage to Mt. Vernon

I visited Amish country with my grandparents
I turned 24...

We won 3rd place at a Howl-o-ween Paw-ty


Caleb survived his first semester of law school

And I am now 1/4 of the way through my M.A. Program

We survived our first snow storm

I started working for the U.S. government

Caleb turned 26...

And, of course, Scarlett has endured it all with us.


I was asking Caleb the other day if it feels like an entire year has gone by, and he agreed with me that it doesn't. Time has flown!!! We've gone thousands of miles, cried many tears, shared lots of laughs, and we've done it all together! It's been an incredibly hard but rewarding year and I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!

Tomorrow morning we will start our long journey back to DC. We are driving to Knoxville tomorrow and then we will drive the rest of the way in on Sunday, just in time for Caleb to start class and for me to go back to work on Monday. Stay tuned for my New Year's resolutions when I get back to D.C.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

1 comment: