Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Scarlett's Christmas

Scarlett had a BLAST while we were in Arkansas. She got to play with Gracie the Jack Russell, Hermie the Yorkie and she played with all of the kids. She was so tired every night she totally crashed on the couch.
When we drove to Hot Springs Christmas night there were 4 new dogs waiting for her! Unfortunately, they were much bigger than her and not quite as friendly as the little dogs in Little Rock. She was soooooo sad when we had to leave and drive to Dallas.

So, when we let her out of her crate in Dallas and she was acting funny, we thought she was just sad and missing Little Rock. When we woke up Monday morning, it very quickly became apparent that she was more than just depressed. She was gimping around and crying and refusing to do anything but sleep.


If you know anything about Scarlett, she is HIGH energy, so we were pretty worried. We called the vet and luckily we were able to get her in. They messed with her legs, tested her blood, made sure we hadn't poisoned her and came to the conclusion that....

She threw out her back. How does a dog thow that their back? Don't ask me, because I don't know. All I know is that our little visit was a not fun, not cheap, but they gave us some medicine that DOES work. Scarlett is taking anti-inflammatory pills twice a day and getting lots of rest. She is soooooo much better overnight that I'm having a hard time keeping her from running around. Sooooo, tonight we had a fashion show of all of her good Christmas presents!

 Here is her preppy hat

 Her entire preppy outfit from my mom

 Her Christmas sweater that I bought her

 Thank you Santa (aka Aunt Rachel) for my snuggie!

How cute is this!?!?

I think our fashion show wore her out because she is now completely conked out on the couch pillows. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep her cooped up and relaxed for a few more days so any advice you have would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment