Saturday, January 8, 2011

Triumph and Tragedy

Well... we have survived our first week back in DC! Law school is in full swing and I worked almost 50 hours this week. I don't know what it's going to be like next week when I add school into the mix. But let's not worry about next week, let's talk about this week!

I LOVE MY JOB!!!! It's SUPER hard, but most days I find myself wondering if this is really my life or if I'm dreaming. I get to see/meet all sorts of cool people and have some pretty crazy responsibilities. At first I was pretty hesitant about working 8-10 hours everyday, but the time just flies! The office has such a fast pace that usually the first time I look at the clock it is already 3 and I'm lucky if I have enough time to warm up my lunch in the microwave and eat at my desk while I keep working. If you know me, you know I LOVE to be busy, so this is a great atmosphere for me.

When I walked into work on Friday I knew it was going to be a wild day because several key people were out sick and Fridays are just wild in general. I was right! By 11 o'clock a security guard caught me literally running down the hall and told me to relax haha. I found myself constantly running in the office, running through the building, and even running across DC! I'm not sure I'm allowed to say exactly why, but at one point I had 45 minutes to get from my office, across town to the State Department, up to Hillary Clinton's office, and back in 45 minutes. Don't worry, mission accomplished! Although I was in such a rush that it wasn't until I was sitting in the cab on the way back that I asked myself, did that really just happen? Was I really just in the Secretary of the State Department's office?!?! Crazy. I love it! Plus I've got to be burning thousands of calories at my current rate of running around in high heels.

On the other end of the spectrum, our little family has had a pretty rough week. The bowl games were not nice to our teams this week. Caleb is still devastated about Arkansas losing at the end, so we won't say too much about that. I will mention that he has a scratch on his hand where he jumped up and slammed his fist into our ceiling.... We'll leave it at that. I kind of saw A&M's loss coming... we're TERRIBLE at bowl games. Although I thought it was a mean way to tease me by playing so awesome the first 10 minutes and then playing terrible for the rest of the day. O well. Now that we're past that.... BRING ON BASKETBALL SEASON!!!! I'm so ready for March Madness, it is not even funny. But at the rate that each day is flying by, March will be here before we know it.

Scarlett is doing great. I think she is bummed she has to spend most of the day by herself. But she LOVES the new grass that Santa brought her to go potty on out on the balcony. Her fur is a little long and scraggly and we had one poop incident this week. Luckily I deal with doggie throw-up and pee incidents and Caleb is mr. poop. His way of handling the incident was interesting... I'll spare you the detail but let's just say Scarlett is missing quite a bit of fur on her backside now....

Well that's about it for this week. I better start cleaning the apartment and doing laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment