Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday Paw-ty

Scarlett has had quite an eventful week, starting with the snow storm and ending with her birthday paw-ty on Saturday. In case you are new to my blog, Scarlett and I are in the pomeranian club of Northern Virginia. And before you judge, Scarlett spends ALOT of time by herself in this apartment so its nice every now and again to play with other pomeranians. And, to reassure my mother-in-law and all other readers, this is safe, there are no axe murderers in the group. In fact, it is mostly middle-age/older ladies who have never married and have 3+ pomeranians as their children. This was our second event - we attended the Howl-o-ween Paw-ty in the fall and then on Saturday they held an event to celebrate all of the dogs' birthdays. The dogs played, the humans ate brunch, and then each dog got to leave with a birthday present. It was great fun! They are already planning a swimming paw-ty for the summer. Scarlett LOVES to swim so we can't wait. Here are some of my favorite pics of Scarlett from this last week of snow/paw-tying. Note: she wore her favorite sweater that my mom gave her for Christmas to the paw-ty. It was a big hit!

 Waiting not so patiently at the elevator to go on a walk


 Putting on our favorite sweater to go to the birthday paw-ty!!!

 Lounging! How can you resist this face!?!

Here are some of Scarlett's friends from the paw-ty!!!






Of course Scarlett would be the dog more interested in getting attention from the other owners than playing with the other dogs... Here she is being an attention hog


 Okay seriously... it's like she knows exactly what's she is doing and is so proud of herself...
 Her favorite part of the paw-ty was playing in the back yard!

 She thought she was going to jump in the pool and go for a swim only to find that it was completely frozen over and she skidded all the way across. I sooooo wish I had a video camera to tape it. She was so confused!
 Getting stuck in the snow

The snow was REALLY deep
 This is one of my favorite pics of Scarlett (she's running towards me) Of course the snow is as tall as she is haha
And here is the present she went home with. Inside was a stuffed ram which is made of such soft material is has no chance of making it past the week and a special towel for drying her off after baths. I guess I should take that as a sign that I should be giving her baths... we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. So I know you are scared but I learned how to comment on blogs. Don't worry I won't embarrass you and primarily will only use this new skill on what you would call my strange knitting blogs but I wanted to show you I could do it. Tell Scarlett she looked great in the sweater and her party looked like fun.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete