Saturday, October 16, 2010

Europe Trip!

I think this may be my last high school memory. I'm ready to blog about other things. One of my greatest high school memories was the Europe Trip. My parents made a deal with all of us that if we took 3 years of a foreign language in high school, they would pay for us to go on the school's Europe trip our senior year. This was easy for me because I LOVED French and even ended up taking all 4 years. My senior year, the trip went to Scotland, England and France. Of course, we went in February so it was FREEZING! Here are a few of my favorite highlights:

 We climbed a mountain in Scotland!
 What you can't see in this picture is the HUGE knife this guy has tucked into his sock
 Re-enacting the Chariots of Fire scene on St. Andrews Beach.
 Part of the old Roman wall.... I can't even tell you how cold it was here

 We tried but just couldn't get him to smile...
 Sadly, we didn't get to see the queen at Buckingham Palace
 We got to go see Les Miserables!
 Stonehenge
 Roman ruins
 Inside the Louvre
 I bought a painting from him 2 years before when my Gran to me to Paris. I ran into him again at Montmartre and bought another painting : )
 My favorite chateau in the valley- Chenonceau
Ya... I'm not sure who took this picture on the way home, but we were whipped! It was a wonderful trip.

I have to say a big thank you to Mlle. Cox, my favorite French teacher. She leads the Europe trips and we had a GREAT time! In the picture below, we showed up at the place to take pics of the Eiffel Tower and as we drove up, it started to snow, I got my delicious chocolate crepe and it could not have been a better moment. Merci Mlle. Cox!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I made it into a blogpost!!! :) That was such a fun trip. :) I noticed you didn't say anything about the tour guide. I am shocked. I thought he was your favorite part.

    Ha.

    Thanks for the memories! I loved those pictures. Hilarious. I don't remember the guy's holey sock though...

    ReplyDelete