Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Holiday

Caleb was out of town this week from Wed-this morning. He actually got a fall break (which I find incredibly unfair) so we decided he needed some R&R and he went home to Little Rock for a few days.

In the meantime, I slaved over my own midterms, grading my students' midterms, and cleaning the apartment. While I would never publicly accuse Caleb of being messy..... I did enjoy the opportunity to do a DEEP clean of our apartment. I'm not sure why, but having a clean apartment just makes me feel so much better about life.

Last night I spent about 3 hours folding and putting away weeks worth of laundry. While I folded, I watch the movie The Holiday. It is one of my all-time favorites. Not only is it a good movie, but it is also one of the moments when I knew that I was falling in love with Caleb.

When the movie first came out, Caleb and I were considering the whole long-distance dating thing. We knew we both really liked each other but weren't sure if College Station-Fayetteville long distance dating was the smartest thing at that time.

I remember that a few of my sorority sisters and I went to go see the movie. At the very end, two of the characters who have fallen in love but live in London and LA have to give each other a hug and say "I'll be seeing you" and then they go their separate ways. Of course, every girl in the audience was crying because its such a sad/sweet moment (I won't ruin how it ends). I was crying too, but for a different reason. I didn't want to have to keep telling Caleb "I'll be seeing you," I wanted us to be able to work it out and be together. So there you have it, one of the moments I knew I was in love with Caleb.

If you haven't seen the movie, its wonderful! Very Christmasy and puts you in a great mood. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment