Friday, October 15, 2010

Parker Pride

As most of you know, I am a terrible dresser. Seriously, I don't know how to make myself match or what's in style or how to accessorize myself. Thankfully I have a very fashionable sister who is willing to make sure I look at least half decent. However, I don't think my inability to dress is really my fault. From Kindergarten-Senior year (13 out of my first 18 years of life) I was forced to wear the Parker uniform. When I graduated and went to college, I seriously had absolutely no idea how to dress myself. I vividly remember standing in my dorm room freshman year on the first day of class just staring into my closet. As much as I despised the plaid skirts, button up tops, sweaters, and knee-high socks, as least I didn't have to think about what to wear.... I seriously had panic attacks trying to decide what colors went together and whether something was "in style" enough. So... as most of you know... I took the easy way out and typically opted for jeans and a tshirt (its hard to mess this up). Here is a picture of my Parker pride ; ) And yes, this is what I looked like pretty much everyday for 13 years with the exception of the lower school jumper days and the awkward middle school kulot shorts phase...
No we did not actually wear our uniforms the way they look below- we had a day where we got to wear our uniforms sloppy. It was awesome.
One of the best TCA memories and hilight of every senior's year is Uniform Desecration Day. On the last day that the seniors go to school, they pretty much destroy their uniforms, decorate it in their college colors and wear it to school. It's awesome and I really can't explain the joy that comes with destroying those skirts.


This is me and my friend Michael, who obviously also went to A&M. We HATED our senior English teacher, I mean really she was the worst. So, as mature high school seniors, we went and did a little dance in front of her room : )

So, obviously, my inability to dress is clearly not my fault. I choose to believe that my fashion sense was supressed by the awful uniform for so long that I have just not yet been able to recover. Of course, now that I have graduated from college, my closest family members have told me that I can no longer wear jeans and tshirts, that I need to dress like an adult, and not look like "a hobo." So I am working on in it. I'm still young, I can still learn : )

1 comment: